Amy Mariani: Growing a Business Focused Law Firm
In this episode, Steve Fretzin and Amy Mariani discuss:
- Transitioning to mediation from another role.
- Getting efficient with networking.
- Providing value in networking and in connecting.
- Calendering in your business development tasks, not just your law related tasks.
- Even if you have a large network, it takes time to grow and cultivate the relationships needed to grow your book of business.
- Be direct in asking for introductions. It may work, it may not, but there’s nothing to lose.
- Qualify your networking partners. Follow through is important for both you and the person you are trying to refer or introduce.
- Develop your business acumen. If you learn how to build your business (and treat your firm as if it is a business), you will be more successful and be in a better position to grow your own firm.
“You do need to get that networking going, that is going to be the most critical element of your success. You also have to establish that you are a subject matter expert.” — Amy Mariani
Connect with Amy Mariani:
Thank you to our Sponsors!
Legalese Marketing: https://legaleasemarketing.com/
Connect with Steve Fretzin:
LinkedIn: Steve Fretzin
Facebook: Fretzin, Inc.
YouTube: Steve Fretzin
Call Steve directly at 847-602-6911
Show notes by Podcastologist Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.