In this episode, Steve Fretzin and Mark Hunter discuss:
- Why lawyers are bad at planning for business development.
- Putting the work in to get ahead as early as you can.
- How the pandemic has affected business development.
- What lawyers can do for their clients and their strategic partners.
- There are a lot of tools out there to help you plan so you run your day, not let your day run you.
- Start understanding client services and business relationships now. It is an important part of building your business.
- The conversations that used to be had over dinner or coffee can still be had over phone or Zoom. The relationships may have changed if you have not kept up on those conversations during the pandemic.
- There are a lot of ways that you can serve your clients and strategic partners. The better you know them (not just their file) the better you can serve those in your network.
“BD (business development) is a skill that anyone can learn if they’re willing to put the time and effort into it. But like with any skill, you’ve got to put the time and effort into it to be successful.” — Mark Hunter
Connect with Mark Hunter:
Thank you to our Sponsors!
Legalese Marketing: https://legaleasemarketing.com/
Connect with Steve Fretzin:
LinkedIn: Steve Fretzin
Facebook: Fretzin, Inc.
Book: The Ambitious Attorney: Your Guide to Doubling or Even Tripling Your Book of Business and more!
YouTube: Steve Fretzin
Call Steve directly at 847-602-6911
Show notes by Podcastologist Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.
Grow Your Practice
Fill out the form below and we’ll be in touch