In this episode, Steve Fretzin and Michael Norton discuss:
- Fundamentals of networking.
- Prioritizing networking and relationship building.
- Quality over quantity with networking connections.
- Keeping in touch with people you’ve already connected with.
- Find ways to add value as early as possible with those you connect with. It will come back to you.
- When you go to networking events there are specific types of people you are looking to meet. Be polite, but you do not need to network with everyone that is not beneficial to you.
- You can gain a position of power with knowledge and a little bit of preparation before meeting with new connections.
- Schedule in the admin side of networking.
“I’ll invite eight people from the common interest area and, we at least have one thing that we all get on. It’s not just me, I’m not the only connector.” — Michael Norton
Connect with Michael Norton:
Connect with Steve Fretzin:
LinkedIn: Steve Fretzin
Facebook: Fretzin, Inc.
Book: The Ambitious Attorney: Your Guide to Doubling or Even Tripling Your Book of Business and more!
YouTube: Steve Fretzin
Call Steve directly at 847-602-6911
Show notes by Podcastologist Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.