Allison Williams: Crushing Chaos in Your Lawfirm
In this episode, Steve Fretzin and Allison Williams discuss:
- Systematizing your law firm to remove yourself as a critical bottleneck in your business.
- Creating workflows from the beginning of a file.
- Giving your employees a level of autonomy and authority to increase worker engagement.
- Changing your mindset around hiring.
- Learn to delegate – there are a lot of things that have to be done, and if you are doing everything you are not going to have the time to do the things that you are the only one that can do it.
- Define the responsibilities of each role throughout the workflow so everyone knows what to do and when to do it.
- Speak in the “we” at all times – the client is not hiring you, the lawyer, they are hiring all of your firm with their defined responsibilities.
- Have a closed door, but open floor policy. Everything gets scheduled, but give your uninterrupted attention when you give that time.
“You really have to be thinking, at all times, who is the least paid, most qualified person to do this task. And if there’s anyone other than you, you need to be looking to press the work as far down as possible, so that the higher-level work can be done by the lawyer, and ultimately make the most money in the most profit off of every activity in the business.” — Allison Williams
Connect with Allison Williams:
Show: Crushing Chaos – lawfirmmentor.net/podcast
Connect with Steve Fretzin:
LinkedIn: Steve Fretzin
Facebook: Fretzin, Inc.
YouTube: Steve Fretzin
Call Steve directly at 847-602-6911
Show notes by Podcastologist Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.
Grow Your Practice
Fill out the form below and we’ll be in touch