Chris Engelman: A Look at the Financials for Lawyers
In this episode, Steve Fretzin and Chris Engelman discuss:
- Understanding what your client is looking to do and what their challenges are.
- Common mistakes lawyers make with their finances.
- Similarities between wealth management advisors and lawyers.
- Be proactive in building your client relationships.
- Take a step back and think. Newspapers are in the business of selling newspapers and what sells is bad news.
- There is risk in both small firms and law firms. The types of risks being made are just different.
- People will spend what they make. Working with a financial planner will allow you to spend that money wisely for your future and what you want out of your life.
- Your wealth advisor should be treating your money the way they treat their own.
“It’s knowing how these clients are going to tick. Knowing what their hot buttons are, what they’re concerned about, what’s going on with their family, what’s going on with their health, and being a real human being.” — Chris Engelman
Connect with Chris Engelman:
Thank you to our Sponsors!
Legalese Marketing: https://legaleasemarketing.com/
Practice Panther: https://www.practicepanther.com/
Connect with Steve Fretzin:
LinkedIn: Steve Fretzin
Facebook: Fretzin, Inc.
Book: The Ambitious Attorney: Your Guide to Doubling or Even Tripling Your Book of Business and more!
YouTube: Steve Fretzin
Call Steve directly at 847-602-6911
Show notes by Podcastologist Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.
Grow Your Practice
Fill out the form below and we’ll be in touch