Diane Camacho: Problems and Solutions for Building Your Law Firm
In this episode, Steve Fretzin and Diane Camacho discuss:
- Eliminating the doubt, taking chances, and making mistakes.
- Diane’s experience with starting her consulting firm.
- Setting appropriate expectations.
- What it takes to be a good leader.
- You must understand the realization and understand the cost of AR, unbilled time, and the cost of everything happening in your firm.
- Just because someone seems busy, doesn’t mean they are fully engaged. Understand workflow and what people are actually doing each day.
- Technology can be a great tool, but you need to know what you are looking to get out of it, how the automations can save you time every day, and how it will be utilized by your team.
- Treat people the way they want to be treated.
“A lot of times in the finance piece, lawyers are not looking at reports, they don’t know really what the cost of their widget is – their widget is their hour or their flat fee. They understand what is happening, sort of, but they don’t understand the true cost.” — Diane Camacho
Thank you to our Sponsors!
LegalEase Marketing: https://legaleasemarketing.com/
Practice Panther: https://www.practicepanther.com/
- Book: Working with Emotional Intelligence by Daniel Goleman – https://www.amazon.com/Working-Emotional-Intelligence-Daniel-Goleman/dp/0553378589
About Diane Camacho: Diane L. Camacho is the founder of DLC Consulting Services, LLC which provides legal management and operations consulting services to small and solo law firms. She is a Certified Legal Manager with over 30 years of legal management experience and a degree in organizational behavior and leadership. Diane teaches in the paralegal program at San Francisco State University and speaks on a variety of legal management topics to attorneys and legal organizations.
Connect with Diane Camacho:
Connect with Steve Fretzin:
LinkedIn: Steve Fretzin
Facebook: Fretzin, Inc.
YouTube: Steve Fretzin
Call Steve directly at 847-602-6911
Show notes by Podcastologist Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.
Grow Your Practice
Fill out the form below and we’ll be in touch