[Episode #160] Be That Lawyer
Steve Fretzin is the President of Fretzin Inc as well as the host of the “Be That Lawyer” podcast. Steve actually isn’t a lawyer by trade but after finding out that lawyers made up the vast majority of his business he decided to work with the legal industry and help them get the results they want. He is also the survivor of a horrible plane crash, which motivated him to live every day. Steve joins host Molly McGrath to talk about how to not sound as sales-y to potential clients.
- When building up your client list, you need to have the soft skills to talk to them such as relationship building, question, qualifying, and listening.
- Most Attorneys are afraid of coming off too much like a salesperson and that will prevent them from landing more clients.
- You need to be motivated, committed and coachable when it comes to learning how to get more clients.
- It takes time to learn. If you want to become a great lawyer, you need to put the time in and practice over and over again.
- When it comes to learning, paying attention is a key aspect of it. You won’t retain the information if you don’t pay attention.
- If you are not motivated in your business then you won’t be focused, and if you aren’t focused your business will suffer.
- It’s ok to fail at something, as long as you make it a learning experience and figure out why it didn’t work.
Grow Your Practice
Fill out the form below and we’ll be in touch
Search Our Blog
Browse by Category
Browse by Tag
50yearsold Agendas Ambitious Attorney attorney marketing Attorneys Being Organized as a Lawyer Book of Business Chicago chicago daily law bulletin Client Retention Clients for Lawyers COVID-19 Cross-Marketing Elevator Pitch find your passion Follow-Up Gift Giving Hiring interview Lateral Acquisition law firm Lawyer Coach Lawyers legal business development Legal Industry LinkedIn Networking for Lawyers Networking Groups New Lawyers Personal Brand Equity Planning for Lawyers Pre-Event Questions Public Speaking Rainmaking for Lawyers reflectionson50 Sample Scripts Social Media The Attorney's Networking Handbook Time Management Tips from Steve Fretzin Top Lawyering Mistakes Trial Preparation for Lawyers Turning50 Video Tutorial Websites