Gerry Riskin: Agility in the Face of Fragility
In this episode, Steve Fretzin and Gerry Riskin discuss:
- Leadership agility in trying times and attributes of successful leaders.
- Learning, as a lawyer, from businesses and what works for them.
- The fragmentation of the law industry and how it affects the exploration of new ideas and forward thinking.
- Supplementing your own training as an individual lawyer.
- New lawyers are not getting enough practice across a broad spectrum of practice areas.
- The positive story is managing by communicating with people, and communication is a two way street.
- You can go to sleep at night without making every single decision, and that’s okay. You’re still doing a good job.
- Every day that the firm has you working for them, they must earn you and deserve you, and you person must be worthy of being paid what that firm is paying you. That has to be true every day.
“We need to relate to our people with enough depth, that we honestly understand what they’re enduring. We want peak performance from them, we want them to remain at their very best, but in order to do that, they have to believe of us that we care about them, and we’re being considerate, and we’re appreciative.” — Gerry Riskin
Connect with Gerry Riskin:
Website: edge.ai & gerryriskin.com
Connect with Steve Fretzin:
LinkedIn: Steve Fretzin
Facebook: Fretzin, Inc.
Book: The Ambitious Attorney: Your Guide to Doubling or Even Tripling Your Book of Business and more!
YouTube: Steve Fretzin
Call Steve directly at 847-602-6911
Show notes by Podcastologist Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.
Grow Your Practice
Fill out the form below and we’ll be in touch