Ida Abbott: Realigning Your Values and Considering Your Retirement
In this episode, Steve Fretzin and Ida Abbott discuss:
- Realigning your values and your work.
- Developing and retaining talent.
- Challenges lawyers face when considering and thinking about retirement.
- Examining who you are by choice, not by default.
- People want to feel a sense of belonging and community in their firms.
- Loyalty is earned and ever changing. It needs to be constantly developed and the relationships maintained.
- 65 is an arbitrary number decided by the social security system. Your retirement is your own and you can decide when is the right time for you.
- Keep a personal interests list. Figure out what is interesting to you now and when you get to a point where you need to decide what you are going to do, you have a list of things you already are interested in.
“It’s a lot of internal investigation, self exploration, and then recognizing the myths and the misunderstandings that hold you back. Retirement means it’s the end, if that’s what you believe. I ask you to reframe it. It’s not the end. Think of somebody you know, who’s retired, who is doing something cool. And if you don’t know anybody personally, start looking around online, they are everywhere.” — Ida Abbott
Connect with Ida Abbott:
Thank you to our Sponsors!
Legalese Marketing: https://legaleasemarketing.com/
Connect with Steve Fretzin:
LinkedIn: Steve Fretzin
Facebook: Fretzin, Inc.
Book: The Ambitious Attorney: Your Guide to Doubling or Even Tripling Your Book of Business and more!
YouTube: Steve Fretzin
Call Steve directly at 847-602-6911
Show notes by Podcastologist Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.
Grow Your Practice
Fill out the form below and we’ll be in touch