James Grant: Mistakes to Avoid in Building Your Law Firm
In this episode, Steve Fretzin and James Grant discuss:
- Hiring a business coach early in your law firm.
- Missteps along the journey to having a successful law firm.
- Why you need to understand your numbers.
- Time blocking, not multitasking.
- Coaches may be expensive, but if you are getting a 10x return or more on that investment, it is absolutely worth it.
- If you are cheap in your law firm, you will reap what you sow.
- In hiring an attorney, they should be producing profit for the firm within 4-6 weeks.
- You might be a great attorney with a great mind, but if you aren’t running a good business your client will not be getting the best service.
“You may not be the best numbers person, but don’t be afraid of the numbers; the more you know, the better decisions you can make based on objective metrics.” — James Grant
Connect with James Grant:
Thank you to our Sponsors!
Legalese Marketing: https://legaleasemarketing.com/
Practice Panther: https://www.practicepanther.com/
Connect with Steve Fretzin:
LinkedIn: Steve Fretzin
Facebook: Fretzin, Inc.
Book: The Ambitious Attorney: Your Guide to Doubling or Even Tripling Your Book of Business and more!
YouTube: Steve Fretzin
Call Steve directly at 847-602-6911
Show notes by Podcastologist Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.
Grow Your Practice
Fill out the form below and we’ll be in touch