James Rodgers: Changing the Diversity Conversation
In this episode, Steve Fretzin and James Rodgers discuss:
- Controlling our natural, human tendencies that create barriers to productive relationships.
- Diversity is not just about the differences, but also about our similarities.
- Changing the conversation around diversity.
- Creating and executing a leadership strategy.
- The management role is about supporting, developing, and encouraging people. It is not about knowing their job or being able to replace them, but being in a support role.
- Diversity is about each individual, not about one side or the other.
- If you are looking for differences, that is what you are going to find. If you look for the similarities, even through language or other barriers, you will find something with everyone.
- Part of leadership is about what is coming, not what is happening today.
“It’s not about saying why black people deserve a shot. It’s not about saying why women need equal representation in the boardroom. It is about simply one person, having to work with another person, having the skills and the equipment to comfortably and productively work with that other person.” — James Rodgers
Connect with James Rodgers:
Website: https://thediversitycoach.com/ & https://jamesorodgers.com/
Connect with Steve Fretzin:
LinkedIn: Steve Fretzin
Facebook: Fretzin, Inc.
Book: The Ambitious Attorney: Your Guide to Doubling or Even Tripling Your Book of Business and more!
YouTube: Steve Fretzin
Call Steve directly at 847-602-6911
Show notes by Podcastologist Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.
Grow Your Practice
Fill out the form below and we’ll be in touch