Jennifer Bennett: Getting Ahead as a Woman in Law
In this episode, Steve Fretzin and Jennifer Bennett discuss:
- What lawyers should be focused on to be successful in their practice or if a move (chosen or forced) is happening.
- How women in law today are getting ahead and getting a seat at the table.
- Leveraging the current circumstances to get ahead and get to the next level.
- Relationship building and networking as a core skill.
- Self-sufficiency is more important than it’s ever been. Most firms are hoping and expecting those looking to be partners to bring business with them on a move and that hasn’t changed.
- Clients are demanding diversification on their case teams and their trial teams, and that has really pushed things forward in a really meaningful way for women.
- Women should have the confidence and recognize their value to firms
- Developing your book of business starts with your peers and grows from there, it doesn’t start in your fifth year of practice.
“Women shouldn’t be afraid to take the time management bull by the horns and take the time they need to do the things they need to do outside the office. Just put it on your calendar, block it off, be confident, and handle your day the way you need to do it.” — Jennifer Bennett
Connect with Jennifer Bennett:
Connect with Steve Fretzin:
LinkedIn: Steve Fretzin
Facebook: Fretzin, Inc.
YouTube: Steve Fretzin
Call Steve directly at 847-602-6911
Show notes by Podcastologist Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.
Grow Your Practice
Fill out the form below and we’ll be in touch