Katy Mickelson: Taking Care of Relationships and Reputation
In this episode, Steve Fretzin and Katy Mickelson discuss:
- The critical role of relationships in building your law firm.
- Relationships with clients and relationships with business partners.
- Creating key strategic partnerships.
- Managing expectations.
- You have to balance providing value with your firm and providing value to your clients.
- A lot of family law is based on trust and a feeling for your attorney. You need to understand how you attract clients and what it is that keeps them with you.
- Listening and asking questions, from both a business development standpoint and a client management standpoint, has always been and will always be really important.
- It is a never ending learning process – what works for one client may not work for another.
“I do it purposely – I network, I create relationships with purpose, because you can’t be everywhere, it’s just not effective.” — Katy Mickelson
Connect with Katy Mickelson:
Connect with Steve Fretzin:
LinkedIn: Steve Fretzin
Facebook: Fretzin, Inc.
YouTube: Steve Fretzin
Call Steve directly at 847-602-6911
Show notes by Podcastologist Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.
Grow Your Practice
Fill out the form below and we’ll be in touch