Michael Fielding: The 3-Part Business Development Formula
In this episode, Steve Fretzin and Michael Fielding discuss:
- Changing your mindset around networking.
- Michael’s three-part formula for business development.
- The evolution of client problems and anticipating where the market is headed.
- Growing your knowledge base and expanding your ability to solve problems.
- Maintain the relationships that you build in law school as well as in your law firms. You never know when these relationships will be profitable for you and them.
- As attorneys, your job is to discover what the client’s problems are. Some are regularly occurring, as well as rare, unique problems that you will need to solve.
- It is important to be able to think of client problems, pivot as necessary, and anticipate the problems that are going to be coming down the pipeline.
- To really do substantive, meaningful work to really help clients, you have to, every day, be putting in some deep, focused, concentrated effort.
“You have to have all three essential elements: relationships, problems, and knowledge. When you get the intersection of all three of those elements, that’s when you get legal work.” — Michael Fielding
Connect with Michael Fielding:
The 3-Part Business Development Formula: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qe7rhehyu5hbbix/2022-9-15%20–%20Fielding%20–%20BD%20Formula.docx?dl=0
Thank you to our Sponsors!
Legalese Marketing: https://legaleasemarketing.com/
Practice Panther: https://www.practicepanther.com/
Connect with Steve Fretzin:
LinkedIn: Steve Fretzin
Facebook: Fretzin, Inc.
Book: The Ambitious Attorney: Your Guide to Doubling or Even Tripling Your Book of Business and more!
YouTube: Steve Fretzin
Call Steve directly at 847-602-6911
Show notes by Podcastologist Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.
Grow Your Practice
Fill out the form below and we’ll be in touch