Ross Albers: Running a Successful Law Firm – Hire, Acquire, Inspire
In this episode, Steve Fretzin and Ross Albers discuss:
- Having the courage to run your own firm.
- The hardest thing about starting and growing your own law firm.
- Why Ross describes his firm as a personal and professional development company that happens to practice law.
- The pros and cons of working at a firm versus being on your own.
- What it takes to run a successful business.
- Having your own book of business can help with the courage to start your own firm.
- While there is natural-born leadership, it is a skill that can be learned if it isn’t a skill that you were born with.
- You should not go completely alone when you start a solo firm. You should have an accountant to keep track of money, and you should have a coach to help keep you accountable.
- Owning a business is being a salesperson. Your law firm is a business and you need to be able to acquire new business, acquire top talent, and do all the other things related to business, not just the practice of law.
“I think people have a misconception between going out on their own and starting a law firm and going out of their own and creating a glorified job for themselves. And that’s two very different things.” — Ross Albers
Thank you to our Sponsors!
Legalese Marketing: https://legaleasemarketing.com/
Practice Panther: https://www.practicepanther.com/
About Ross Albers: Two weeks before he got married Ross was fired. He came home and told his wife.
She was pissed.
But, Ross told her not to worry. He was going to start his own law firm.
In the past eight years, Ross has grown the business from a solo practice to multiple offices, practice areas, and attorneys throughout Maryland. Along the way, Ross has learned to dream big, take action, and be relentless. His role has changed from practicing attorney to that of a CEO that hires, acquires, and inspires.
Connect with Ross Albers:
Connect with Steve Fretzin:
LinkedIn: Steve Fretzin
Facebook: Fretzin, Inc.
YouTube: Steve Fretzin
Call Steve directly at 847-602-6911
Show notes by Podcastologist Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.
Grow Your Practice
Fill out the form below and we’ll be in touch