Scott Love: The Craft and Strategy of Business Development
In this episode, Steve Fretzin and Scott Love discuss:
- Earning trust in professional relationships.
- Innovation in the time of COVID (and continuing that innovation in the aftermath).
- When to move and when not to move law firms.
- The importance of building and maintaining relationships.
- There’s more poker theory in legal recruiting than in a game of poker.
- When looking at moving firms, it’s about more than you – it’s also about what is best for your clients.
- You have to have client and business relationships. The practice of law is not an island, it requires those relationships to grow, develop, and continue to bring in money.
- Build relationships, have conversations, and get into the habit of staying in touch.
“When you evaluate a partner’s effectiveness, it’s based on two things: the book of business and their leadership effectiveness – how well they get along with their clients and their colleagues.” — Scott Love
Thank you to our Sponsors!
Legalese Marketing: https://legaleasemarketing.com/
Practice Panther: https://www.practicepanther.com/
- Business Relationships that Last by Ed Wallace: https://www.amazon.com/Business-Relationships-That-Last-Performing/dp/1608320014
Connect with Scott Love:
Connect with Steve Fretzin:
LinkedIn: Steve Fretzin
Facebook: Fretzin, Inc.
YouTube: Steve Fretzin
Call Steve directly at 847-602-6911
Show notes by Podcastologist Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.
Grow Your Practice
Fill out the form below and we’ll be in touch