In this episode, Steve Fretzin and Steve Seckler discuss:
- Steve’s professional journey from law school to coaching.
- Why Steve is well-suited to coaching lawyers, and how to know if a coach is right for you.
- Challenges lawyers face in their own personal development.
- Results that happen when coaches coach and the players play.
- Investing in coaching and changing the way you think about money.
- Hiring a coach can help you to fill in the skill gaps that you might have, and help you to identify where they are if you don’t think you have any.
- Working with a coach can help you to focus your messaging and better articulate what you do that nobody else does.
- Communicating outside of work-related tasks only is key to understanding how the firm works and building your relationship skills.
- Your greatest insights will come when you work one-on-one with someone. There is a level of safety that allows for greater vulnerability.
“Not everybody is coachable, they have to be willing to be coached. And, as you and I know, the best people to coach are actually the superstars.” — Steve Seckler
Thank you to our Sponsors!
Legalese Marketing: https://legaleasemarketing.com/
Practice Panther: https://www.practicepanther.com/
- Larry Richards: https://www.lawyerbrain.com/
- Book: What Got You Here Won’t Get You There: How Successful People Become Even More Successful by Marshall Goldsmith
About Steve Seckler: Stephen E. Seckler, Esq. (firstname.lastname@example.org), is the President of Seckler Attorney Coaching. He is an award-winning coach who helps lawyers looking to build more satisfying careers. As Counsel to Counsel, he has coached hundreds of attorneys through career transitions and helped hundreds of lawyers to grow their income and become better leaders. You can listen to his podcast Counsel to Counsel wherever you get your podcasts or follow the link on his website.
Connect with Steve Seckler:
Connect with Steve Fretzin:
LinkedIn: Steve Fretzin
Facebook: Fretzin, Inc.
Book: Legal Business Development Isn’t Rocket Science and more!
YouTube: Steve Fretzin
Call Steve directly at 847-602-6911
Show notes by Podcastologist Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.
Grow Your Practice
Fill out the form below and we’ll be in touch