In this episode, Steve Fretzin and Tina Solis discuss:
- Things to consider when moving firms.
- Looking at partnership agreements.
- Big picture things to know when making a lateral move.
- What law firm managers can be doing better to retain talent and keep relationships when someone has left.
- You have an obligation to your clients, not just the other attorneys in your firm.
- Timing is essential in preparing for your move. You want to be aware of where you are in the year-end pay cycle. Depending on the timing, it could add to the complexity.
- People are leaving a bad culture for the money, but they don’t leave a good culture or team just for money. Culture is becoming more and more important in the legal industry.
- When you part amicably, referrals can still come back from those attorneys who do leave.
“If we can keep emotions deescalated, departures tend to go more smoothly for both sides.” — Tina Solis
Thank you to our Sponsors!
Legalese Marketing: https://legaleasemarketing.com/
Practice Panther: https://www.practicepanther.com/
Connect with Tina Solis:
Connect with Steve Fretzin:
LinkedIn: Steve Fretzin
Facebook: Fretzin, Inc.
Book: Legal Business Development Isn’t Rocket Science and more!
YouTube: Steve Fretzin
Call Steve directly at 847-602-6911
Show notes by Podcastologist Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.
Grow Your Practice
Fill out the form below and we’ll be in touch