In this episode, Steve Fretzin and Stuart Baum discuss:
- Marketing missteps and mistakes that lawyers make in building their firm.
- Making business development fun.
- Leveraging what you are good at and what you like to do.
- Stop being selfish and learn to be a resource.
- The only failure is a failure to learn from your failures.
- There are a lot of ways to do business development. Do it your way and find success doing the things you like.
- If it takes you more than five minutes to find two or three people in a good friend’s network that you can connect to people in your network, then you’re overthinking it.
- Enjoy what you are doing, and enjoy helping others. People can see that enjoyment. If it feels like work, people will feel like they are work.
“Think about moving from being a vendor to being a partner. If I care about your business and I’m helping you be successful, you think about me as somebody who’s gonna sit by your side and help you grow your business.” — Stuart Baum
Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us by Daniel Pink: https://www.danpink.com/books/drive/
Connect with Stuart Baum:
Thank you to our Sponsors!
Legalese Marketing: https://legaleasemarketing.com/
Practice Panther: https://www.practicepanther.com/
Connect with Steve Fretzin:
LinkedIn: Steve Fretzin
Facebook: Fretzin, Inc.
YouTube: Steve Fretzin
Call Steve directly at 847-602-6911
Show notes by Podcastologist Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.