Bill Himmelstein: Evolving from Networker to Connector
In this episode, Steve Fretzin and Bill Himmelstein discuss:
- Becoming a partner, not a vendor with your networking partners.
- Leading through giving.
- Building your social capital and filling the well.
- The three keys to finding a great networking partner.
- The greatest question you can ask someone is, “how can I help you?”
- Ask questions, be an active listener, and identify pain points for those you are connecting with.
- You will not stay closely connected with everyone if the fit isn’t right, but stay loosely connected via social media and be polite, you do not want to burn any bridges, but you also need to watch your time.
- Be clear upfront about your intentions to build a mutually beneficial networking relationship.
“When you can lead with giving it really disarms people. They don’t feel that you’re a salesperson trying to get them to purchase your service or product, but rather, you’re a partner of their’s trying to understand how you can best support the growth of their business.” — Bill Himmelstein
Connect with Bill Himmelstein:
Connect with Steve Fretzin:
LinkedIn: Steve Fretzin
Facebook: Fretzin, Inc.
YouTube: Steve Fretzin
Call Steve directly at 847-602-6911
Show notes by Podcastologist Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.
Grow Your Practice
Fill out the form below and we’ll be in touch