Dan Callahan: Going for Gold AND Silver
In this episode, Steve Fretzin and Dan Callahan discuss:
- Running a business, not just practicing law.
- Starting a PI law firm and the changing industry.
- Preparation without delays in litigation and marketing.
- Outside the box thinking.
- Additional work around existing clients and relationships.
- There is always going to be growing pains, no matter how you do it – you just have to do it.
- Your name has to come to mind. Get your name out there however you can – writing, speaking, press conferences, press releases, etc.
- Lawyers spend a lot of time marketing to get a new client, and not enough time to secure the relationship with an existing client – you really need to communicate often and thoroughly with your existing clients about the status of their matters, because they then will refer you to their friends and colleagues.
- Have referral fee agreements with other attorneys that you trust who practice areas of law that you don’t specialize in.
“You can’t hide under a rock. You got to let people know where you are.” — Dan Callahan
Connect with Dan Callahan:
Thank you to our Sponsors!
Legalese Marketing: https://legaleasemarketing.com/
Practice Panther: https://www.practicepanther.com/
Connect with Steve Fretzin:
LinkedIn: Steve Fretzin
Facebook: Fretzin, Inc.
Book: The Ambitious Attorney: Your Guide to Doubling or Even Tripling Your Book of Business and more!
YouTube: Steve Fretzin
Call Steve directly at 847-602-6911
Show notes by Podcastologist Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.
Grow Your Practice
Fill out the form below and we’ll be in touch