Janet Falk: Public Relations 101 for Lawyers
In this episode, Steve Fretzin and Janet Falk discuss:
- The power of LinkedIn and how to utilize it to your greatest advantage.
- Tuning in to WIIFM.
- How not to get burned by a marketing or public relations expert.
- The many reasons (beyond attracting new clients) to be in the news and other media.
- Change your LinkedIn headline to be descriptive of your practice utilizing keywords so people can find you in a search.
- Speak to the issue others face, not about yourself.
- PR and marketing are not an expense, they are an investment.
- When a reporter hears from a new source, they will either latch on immediately or file it for later if you reach out with intention and purpose.
“People who are attorneys are used to speaking about themselves. In this kind of environment, you’re not speaking about yourself, you should be speaking to the issue that the other person faces.” — Janet Falk
Connect with Janet Falk:
Find more Resources, including Janet’s Media Profile Tool on her website here: https://janetlfalk.com/library/
Thank you to our Sponsors!
Legalese Marketing: https://legaleasemarketing.com/
Connect with Steve Fretzin:
LinkedIn: Steve Fretzin
Facebook: Fretzin, Inc.
Book: The Ambitious Attorney: Your Guide to Doubling or Even Tripling Your Book of Business and more!
YouTube: Steve Fretzin
Call Steve directly at 847-602-6911
Show notes by Podcastologist Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.
Grow Your Practice
Fill out the form below and we’ll be in touch