Ken Crutchfield: Innovation, AI, and the Changing Technologies of the Legal Industry
In this episode, Steve Fretzin and Ken Crutchfield discuss:
- Limitations of traditional market research in uncharted territory.
- How VUCA is affecting the legal industry.
- AI, ChatGPT, and how the future of the world is changing.
- Technologies lawyers should have or should be considering.
- You cannot do market research on a market that doesn’t exist.
- You can use ChatGPT as a starting point, but you need to be extra diligent about reviewing and validating the information that comes out of the technology like this.
- With the increase in AI technology, there will be a change in the user experience and in the current advertising model.
- Utilize the tech you have to do the mundane things that can be automated so you can focus on what you do best.
“There’s a term called VUCA, volatility, uncertainty, complexity, and ambiguity that really pervades everything. That’s kind of the backdrop that I look at with all of this. And when you see that, there’s pressure on firms, and on individual attorneys to perform, to think, to do differently, to be better in how they operate.” — Ken Crutchfield
Thank you to our Sponsors!
Legalese Marketing: https://legaleasemarketing.com/
Practice Panther: https://www.practicepanther.com/
- Book: The Innovator’s Dilemma by Clayton M. Christensen
- Above the Law: https://abovethelaw.com/author/kcrutchfield/
About Ken Crutchfield: With more than three decades of experience, Ken Crutchfield leads the Legal Markets Group within Wolters Kluwer Legal & Regulatory U.S., providing legal professionals across a wide range of markets with expert content and analysis and leading workflow solutions. Throughout his career, he has successfully led the growth of multiple businesses in varying industries, including tax & accounting and legal.
Connect with Ken Crutchfield:
Future Ready Lawyer Survey: https://www.wolterskluwer.com/en/know/future-ready-lawyer-2022
Connect with Steve Fretzin:
LinkedIn: Steve Fretzin
Facebook: Fretzin, Inc.
YouTube: Steve Fretzin
Call Steve directly at 847-602-6911
Show notes by Podcastologist Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.
Grow Your Practice
Fill out the form below and we’ll be in touch