Laura Terrell: Cultivating a Business Mindset in Your Legal Career
In this episode, Steve Fretzin and Laura Terrell discuss:
- The increased focus on the business of law.
- The need for doing marketing in your law practice.
- Running a law practice is running a business.
- Understanding your client’s industry and needs not just their legal needs.
- Staying on top of the issues, more so than through a printed publication, is key to staying on top of what is happening in the industry.
- Have the conversations early in your career about how the law firm is run and what it would take to take the path you want to be on.
- Don’t be afraid of feedback. Without knowing where you stand, you can be blindsided by decisions made by the firm you work for.
- To best serve your client in law practice, you need to understand what their concerns are and how it affects business.
“Get comfortable with asking questions and doing investigations. Communicate with the people that can help you.” — Laura Terrell
Connect with Laura Terrell:
Book your FREE consultation with Laura: https://www.lauraterrell.com/consultation
Thank you to our Sponsors!
Legalese Marketing: https://legaleasemarketing.com/
Practice Panther: https://www.practicepanther.com/
Connect with Steve Fretzin:
LinkedIn: Steve Fretzin
Facebook: Fretzin, Inc.
Book: The Ambitious Attorney: Your Guide to Doubling or Even Tripling Your Book of Business and more!
YouTube: Steve Fretzin
Call Steve directly at 847-602-6911
Show notes by Podcastologist Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.
Grow Your Practice
Fill out the form below and we’ll be in touch