Liz Wendling: The Duelling Banjos of Rainmaking
In this episode, Steve Fretzin and Liz Wendling discuss:
- Removing your blinders to move forward in business.
- The biggest mistakes lawyers make in growing their firm.
- Making a difference in the first 30 seconds of an intake call.
- The process to make the client confident and comfortable in you.
- When you do everything well in a conversation, the close will happen naturally (but, yes, you may still have to ask for it).
- There is always selling involved. If you are in business, you need to sell to stay in business.
- Gather information and make the conversation about the prospective client and less about you and your firm.
- You have to set up the close from the beginning. You can’t expect to hit a perfect hole if you don’t set the tee up correctly at the start.
“If you sound like everyone else, then they make a decision based on the lowest retainer. Differentiation begins in the first few moments of consultation by skipping the superficial crap that people still use. There is a better way and it starts with ‘before we get started.’” — Liz Wendling
Connect with Liz Wendling:
Find out more about Liz’s Secret Shopper Offer: https://www.therainmakingcoach.com/law-firm-secret-shopping/
Thank you to our Sponsors!
Legalese Marketing: https://legaleasemarketing.com/
Practice Panther: https://www.practicepanther.com/
Connect with Steve Fretzin:
LinkedIn: Steve Fretzin
Facebook: Fretzin, Inc.
Book: The Ambitious Attorney: Your Guide to Doubling or Even Tripling Your Book of Business and more!
YouTube: Steve Fretzin
Call Steve directly at 847-602-6911
Show notes by Podcastologist Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.
Grow Your Practice
Fill out the form below and we’ll be in touch